Sorry it has been so long, we have recently gone back to work and finding the time to update our blog was put on the back burner. Anyways, alot of new developments for Benny occurred in the last few weeks. First of all he is smiling all of the time now. All you have to do is look at him or give him kisses and he gives a big gummy smile. He is so adorable with the smile. Next, Benny learned to roll over from his tummy to his back on January 7th. I was shocked. I layed him down for belly time (not his favorite time at all) and after showing me for a few seconds that he can lift his head, he flipped himself over. Much to my humor, he was cross eyed and shocked the first time he did this. I thought in was an accident so I put him back on his belly. He proved me wrong instantly by flipping to his back again. I continued this about 3 more times, and at this point he made it very apparent to me that he did not want to be on his belly. He turned bright red, screamed and flipped himself over again. Wow, I was amazed. Then the next day we were doing belly time again and he flipped over for Ricard to see and also started to laugh when we shook his hands...His first laugh. All in two days, a first laugh and rolling over, wow!!!
On another note, Isaiah, Benny's cousin is now eating solid foods! Amazing! Apparently he has his dad Mark's appetite because bottles just weren't enough for little Isaiah. This is so neat. If you recall, Isaiah is only one month older, so I always am amazed at what he can do, because that means that Benny will be quick to follow. How cool.
On a sad note, our dog Bull passed away about a week ago. He had been bleeding from his mouth when he ate for about 2 days and I assumed it was a lost tooth or he had bit his tongue. But I was checking his gums and keeping an eye on him to make sure he wasn't getting pale because I wasn't sure how much blood he was loosing. One day, I noticed he was looking kinda wobbly in the back yard so I decided to take him to the vet to get him checked out. Low and behold it was New Years Eve, so my vet was closed and I had a hell of a time even finding someone who would look at him. Thank god Ingram Veterinary Clinic agreed to see him. So we brought him there. About 1 hour after I noticed he was weaker, we arrived at the vet only to find that Bull was so weak, that he almost couldn't get out of the car. He finally was coherced inside the vet and layed down on the floor. We couldn't get him back up so they had to put him on a stretcher to weigh him. He lost 10 pounds in 6 months. I thought he was looking thin, but also knew he was 9 years old, and assumed he was loosing weight from old age. We couldn't believe he was deteriorating so quickly before our eyes. The vet checked him out and explained that Bull didn't lose a tooth or bite his tongue but that he had a malignant tumor in his mouth that based upon listening to his lungs had already spread to his lungs. He was also able to palpate a large mass in his abdomen. We all decided it would be best to put him out of his misery then, because he looked like he was begging to have rest at this time. The Vet explained that this cancer moves fast and that he would only give him a day or two to live and that even if we found it 1 month ago, there was nothing that they could have done for him because he was too old for surgery and chemotherapy. So we said goodbye to our beloved dog Bull. Thank God Gina, my old roommate from college and Benny's Godmother was here to visit because she helped us by watching Benny during all of this. Needless to say this New Year was a little bleak, but we did have a great time with Gina.
Gina came to visit us on December 27th until January 3rd. She took the train from Chicago all the way to San Antonio...Poor woman...32 hours later she was here. We had a great time visiting the Alamo, the Riverwalk, the Missions, Cowboys Dancehall, Medina lake and the Bingo hall. No we didn't win at bingo but it was fun anyways. We went and looked at model homes for her parents to get info and hopefully to convince Gina how great it would be for her to mover to San Antonio herself. Thanks Gina for visiting and we can't wait to see you again. Benny keeps looking for you.
Hope all is well with everyone and God bless your new year to come.
1 comment:
As I look out the window there is at least 7 inches of snow on the ground. We are due to get more snow tomorrow, and then again later in the week. The temperature is going to plunge to 5 degrees for a high on Thursday. I keep thinking of the warmth of San Antonio and wonder why the hell I live here! I was also looking up different San Antonio schools on the internet....they have a longer school day than we do, but I think that is good in a way because there is more time for learning. They also have some strick standards for promotion to the next grade! Anyways, I miss you all and find myself still constantly talking about San Antonio! I will plan my summer trip as soon as I have some information about summer school! Give Benny some kisses for me...I miss holding him SO MUCH!!!!
Post a Comment