Welcome Baby Bryce !
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
First Night at Home!
We finally made it to our first night at home. Benny slept in our bed with a co-sleeper, because we just arent ready to have him away from us in the crib. He did great. His temperature did well, he only woke up when wet and we actually had to wake him up to feed him. I breast fed until he was content, then Richard gave him some extra breast milk in a bottle to make sure he got enough every 2-3 hours. We are such a good team. I wouldnt be able to do it with out Richard. He came upstairs last night while my mom and I were being goo goo, ga ga over Benny and he organized our whole bedroom to make it Benny friendly. We had prepared the baby room, but not our bedroom. Our old ottoman in our room is now our diaper changing station, and our rocking chair is now the feeding/breast milk pumping station. Richard is too good. Currently Benny is sleeping in our room, listening to classical music, including Mozart, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky. He also gets to listen to his own special arrangment of music sang and composed by Richard. What a lucky little guy. I think we are now on diaper number 8 at home and man can he pee/poop. He is doing everything a little baby should, and if I am not mistaken, I think he has mom and dad's appetite because he doesnt know when to stop. Just in case I didn't let you know, Benny had to stay a few days longer because he had a lab called Bilirubin that was elevated and he required a few days under photo therapy. When this level got high, his skin started turning orange. Maybe he was trying to tell us that he wanted to be a pumpkin for Halloween. Who knows. But now his skin tone is perfect again. For those of you wondering, he appears to have mom's fair complexion as of now, but who knows, he could end up getting tanner. Each day we think he looks like someone else, Aunt Ashley, a little of Aunt Sarah, He definately has Richards beautiful eyes, his nose we aren't totally sure yet, and his personality....that is still to be discerned. Well Benny is starting to act up on the baby monitor, so got to let you go. God bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH, RICHARD AND JAMIE, YOUR SON IS SO PRECIOUS AND PERFECT! HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUCH GOOD PARENTS, HES A VERY LUCKY LITTLE BOY. YOUR PICTURES MADE ME CRY, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM IN PERSON. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! MISS AND LOVE YOU GUYS. LOVE, KASEY AND SOPHIA.
P.S. I LOVE THE CLOTHES AND BOOOOOOOTS THAT YOU BOUGHT FOR HER, THANK YOU SO MUCH :)
I love this blog because I feel like I am with the three of you each time I see a new picture or watch a new video! Your son is absolutely adorable!!!! I wish it was December so I could be out there with you guys and hold little Benny! PS: Cyndi is at the hospital right now delivering Logan (or Robert..they still aren't sure on the name). Maybe when they are older they can be pen pals!
Post a Comment