Welcome Baby Bryce !

Monday, September 22, 2008

Todays Doctor Visit...

So I was right about my belly dropping. Got confirmation from our Doctor this morning that my uterus is 2-3 cm lower than the last visit. Looks like things may be moving along faster than origionally anticipated. I am now only allowed to work 12 hours a week, at least until I get to week 37 due to "preterm contractions" So I have a doctors excuse to be lazy for a few weeks....he he. She said that it sounds like I was definately having some early contractions and to keep it less detailed, my body has already started to get ready to deliver a baby a little early. Then she told us that if we make it to week 37 that she could do some things to make labor possibly progress. I was a little taken aback by this because I am excited to see little Benny, but not on acounts of trying to pry him out early. I explained that I only want to focus on keeping him in until week 37, then he could come when he wants naturally. The doctor is dealing with a few patients who are miserable pregant at this time and trying to demand inductions of there pregnancy, so I think she thought we were anxious also. On the contrary, we are willing to wait, and I am not really feeling miserable, a little uncomfortable at times, but not enough to compain about. So our doctors visits are now 1 time a week and we get an ultrasound on next Monday. How exciting. For whatever reason (maybe that fact I am still gaining wait quickly), I think we may get the ultrasound and here the doctor say something to the affect of "oh, my, he is really big for his age." We'll see, but I am suspecting he is going to be a bigger boy. Hopefully with some cute chubby cheeks and rolls on his legs and arms. Cant wait to see.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It is so exciting that it is getting close to the big day. I am sure your doctor told you it can take 2-3 weeks for your body to prep for the big day so I hope they aren't pushing you to induce. I'm not going to say the standard, "enjoy these days of relaxation while they last" because in my opinion holding and looking at your baby is better than any amount of sleep (and is far better than being enormously uncomfortably pregnant). You two are going to be great...and trust me, people make it sound waaaay scarier and difficult than it actually is. You'll see.

2011 VIDEOS